It’s a tough call for a bank to make when a product line tends to point in a negative direction, and in this case, the repayments on credit cards seem to be a burning concern. Bank of America Credit Cards sign on multitudes of customers every year and with the first mini-boom in the economy since the subprime mortgage collapse, it’s only natural to assume that things will continue to look up. This review takes a look at the Bank of America Credit Cards and compares them to some of the best in the world.
Another bank that provides a fair selection of credit cards, is HSBC.
About Bank of America
A rich history filled with heroic rescue during an earthquake, the means for immigrants to their banking, and even the restoration of economic stability to the American people are some of the things that pop up in this bank’s history. Bank of America provides a myriad of services and customers are able to fulfill a number of their banking needs at a single institution.
Bank of America Credit Cards Product Offering
BankAmericard Cash Rewards *#↑
Customers who enjoy a card that offers cash rewards will find this card ideal. Furthermore, customers who apply online during the promotional period stand the chance of receiving a $100 online cash rewards bonus offer.
- The card has a low introductory APR.
- Finally, there is also no annual fee on this card, however, certain conditions apply.
BankAmericard Travel Rewards*#
For those who have a sense of adventure and wish to travel to all corners of the earth. Furthermore, customers who apply within the promotion period stand the chance to earn 20,000 online bonus points.
- This card provides customers with the opportunity to earn unlimited 1.5 points for every dollar spent on purchases. Also, these are on purchases everywhere, every time, and customers don’t have to worry about expiration on points.
- There is a low introductory APR on the card.
- Finally, customers don’t pay an annual fee or foreign transaction fees.
Customers who wish to save on interest will find this card ideal. Furthermore, the card also connects to an app that allows customers to check their FICO score.
- This card has no annual fee.
- Customers pay a 0% intro APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases. This offer also extends to balance transfers made within the first 60 days of opening the account.
- Once the initial 0% period is over, customers will pay a variable APR.
- Furthermore, customers also enjoy a $0 balance transfer fee for the first 60 days after opening the account. The regular balance transfer fee is 3%, with a $10 minimum.
- Finally, there is no penalty APR on this card.
Pink Ribbon BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card*#↑
Customers who decide on this card have the opportunity to earn a $100 online cash rewards bonus offer. Furthermore, the card is designed to help fight breast cancer.
- There is no annual fee on this card.
- Furthermore, customers also enjoy a low introductory APR.
This is a card for the fans and customers also stand the chance to earn a $100 online cash rewards bonus.
- The account offers a low introductory APR and there is no annual fee on the card.
World Wildlife Fund*#↑
This credit card is ideal for those who wish to support the WWF. Furthermore, they will receive a $100 online cash rewards bonus offer.
- Also, there is no annual fee on the card and customers enjoy a low introductory APR.
This is the ideal card for customers who desire a bit of patriotism on their card. Furthermore, there are no annual fees on this card and customers enjoy a low introductory APR offer.
Alaska Airlines Visa Signature
This card is for the frequent flyer who can do with 30,000 bonus miles and $121 companion fare fro $121. These apply after customers make $1,000 or more on purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
- Customers will receive a companion fare on their account every year on the account anniversary to the value of $121. These can be used on Alaska and Virgin America flights.
- Furthermore, customers earn 3 miles for every dollar spent on Alaska Airlines and Virgin America. They also earn a mile for every dollar spent on other purchases.
- There are two different levels of this card and each card has different benefits and features. Customers are encouraged to research both for the best fit.
- Finally, there are no foreign transaction fees.
Customers who wish to earn 2 miles for every dollar spent will want to apply for this card. Furthermore, the card offers no blackout dates on award tickets.
- The card offers 15,000 bonus miles after the first purchases.
- Finally, cardholders can redeem select awards with fewer miles than with any other brand.
Allegiant World Mastercard
Customers have the benefit of earning 15,000 bonus points on this card. These are equal to $150 off their next Allegiant trip. This happens when customers make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days.
- The card offers 3 points per dollar on Allegiant purchases and 2 points per dollar on qualifying dining purchases.
- All other purchases earn customers a point per dollar.
- Furthermore, there are no blackout dates, minimum points redemption, or destination restrictions.
- Finally, customers enjoy a low introductory APR.
Amtrak Guest Rewards World Mastercard
This is the ideal card for customers who do a lot of traveling with Amtrak. Furthermore, they stand the chance to earn 20,000 bonus points.
- Customers earn 3 Amtrak Guest Reward points per dollar spent with Amtrak and 2 points per dollar on other qualifying travel spend.
- All other purchases earn a point per dollar.
- Finally, there are no foreign transaction fees on this card.
Norwegian Cruise Line
This card allows customers to earn 10,000 bonus WorldPoints reward points if they make their first transaction in the first 90 days.
- Customers earn 3 WorldPoints for every dollar spent on Norwegian purchases and 1 point for every dollar spent on other purchases.
- Furthermore, customers can redeem their rewards for hundreds of rewards like cash, gift cards, and more.
- Finally, customers don’t pay an annual fee on this card.
Customers who wish to earn 10,000 MyCruise bonus points should look out for the card’s special offer. Furthermore, customers can redeem their points for onboard credit, stateroom upgrades, and more.
- The card allows customers to earn 2 MyCruise points for every $1 spent on qualifying purchases with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, and Azamara Club Cruises.
- Customers will also earn 1 MyCruise point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Furthermore, customers will receive $50 off a qualifying ticket purchase through the Royal Caribbean Air2Sea program. This is after they use their card to make at least $3,500 in purchases within to first 90 days of certain cards only.
- Finally, this card carries no annual fee.
This card earns customers 20,000 Flying Club miles after their first purchase.
- Customers earn 3 miles per dollar spent on Virgin Atlantic purchases and 1.5 miles per dollar spent anywhere else.
- Furthermore, there is no limit to the number of miles customers can earn.
- Also, customers earn up to 5,000 Flying Club miles when they add additional authorized users to the card.
- Finally, there are no foreign transaction fees on the card.
Asiana Visa Signature
Customers have the opportunity to earn 30,000 bonus miles on this card. Also, there are 10,000 bonus miles certificates awarded annually.
- Customers earn 3 miles for every $1 spent on purchases with Asiana Airlines and 2 miles per dollar spent on gas and grocery stores.
- They also earn a mile for every other purchase.
- Finally, there are no foreign transaction fees on this account.
Customers enjoy 10,000 bonus points offer on this card. Furthermore, there are no foreign transaction fees.
- Customers earn 2 MyCruise points for every dollar spent on qualifying purchases with Celebrity Cruises, Royal Caribbean International, and Azamara Club Cruises.
- Also, they earn 1 MyCruise point for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Customers can redeem their point for onboard credit, stateroom upgrades, and cruise vacations.
- Finally, there is a $300 discount on a future cruise of at least 7 nights or more in a Concierge Class stateroom. This after making at least $5,000 in transactions within the first 60 days.
Customers who need to improve their credit rating will find this card a suitable option. Furthermore, customers can strengthen and even rebuild their credit with this card.
- The card requires a minimum refundable security deposit of $300 – or $4,900 maximum – to open this account. The maximum credit limit will be determined by the amount of the security deposit provided. It is also determined by the deposit, income, and ability to pay.
- Also, the account may be reviewed after 12 months.
- Finally, the card allows customers to build up their credit history. Responsible use of the card over time may improve the credit score.
BankAmericard Cash Rewards for Students*#↑
This card allows students to build their future. Furthermore, they don’t have an annual fee to pay.
- Students have the opportunity to build up their credit history.
BankAmericard Travel Rewards for Students*#
Customers have the opportunity to earn unlimited 1.5 points for every $1 spent on all purchases everywhere. Furthermore, there is no expiration on the points.
- This card allows students to build up their credit history.
- Also, there is no fee on foreign transactions.
- Finally, customers don’t have to pay an annual fee.
BankAmericard for Students
This is a simple account that offers competitive, yet low, interest rates. Furthermore, the card allows students to build up their credit history. Finally, there is no annual fee payable on this account.
* Customers receive a 10% customer bonus every time they redeem into a Bank of America checking or savings account.
# Preferred Rewards clients can increase their bonus to between 25% and 75%.
↑ The card provides 1% cash back on every purchase, 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and 3% on gas. This is a total of $2,500 in combined purchases each quarter.
Customers who prefer to save up for their purchases should have a look at the savings accounts on Bank of America's books.
Critical Reviews Rating Bank of America Credit Cards – 10 of 10
Customers who cannot find a suitable credit card for their personal needs among this selection will have to do a lot of digging in order to find the right product. From cashback bonuses to bonus miles and cruise ship points. There is a card out there for every need.
Furthermore, the cards also provide customers with the choice of whether they’re going with a 0% balance transfer option, or whether they prefer other types of benefits. The fees are also reasonable and many of the cards don’t carry an annual card fee.
Finally, there is also some consideration for those who may find it hard to apply for a card. Students have about 3 options to choose from and all of them are designed to help them build their credit record and manage their expenses. Another part of the community that benefits from the selection, is those who need to rebuild their credit history with a secured card option. These are rare and provide customers with a little bit of dignity after financial difficulties. A truly marvelous selection of cards.
Find out whether the rating on their checking accounts was equally sublime.