Wealth is something of abundance in the United Arab Emirates and this wealth attracts travelers from all over the world. Abu Dhabi is an economic hub that attracts top talent from across the globe. For this reason, their banking systems need to operate well and the services need to match the needs of locals and foreigners alike. The National Bank of Abu Dhabi is right at the center and provides products and service of optimal quality. How does it compare on a global scale?
We Also did a review on Deutsche Bank. Read here to see the rating.
History of the National Bank of Abu Dhabi
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi is fairly young when compared to European and even American banks. The bank was founded in 1968 by the late Sheikh Zayed, who inaugurated the bank. This was done in the presence of other sheiks and persons of influence. It wasn’t until the seventies that that bank decided to expand. It opened the first branch in Cairo, Egypt.
After a few moves that provided the bank with some stock exposure, the bank was able to increase its footprint. This led to the bank occupying a spot on the World’s 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance list. Furthermore, this honor set the tone for the bank which then paved the way to the Global Financial Markets Forum.
While the rest of the world experienced the slump of 2008, the National Bank of Abu Dhabi climbed up the ladder. The firm foundation and solid fiscal policies ensured the bank great profits. Furthermore, in 2010 the bank broke a UAE record by becoming the first bank in this region to break $ 1 billion in annual net profits. Also, safety didn’t suffer during this time as the bank climbed the ranks to become the safest bank in the Middle East.
In order the increase their footprint and provide solid financial acumen to business owners, the bank launched the SME Academy. Also, the bank proceeded to launch operations in India in 2015. This was also the time where the National Bank of Abu Dhabi signed up to the Equator Principles, further strengthening their security and safety levels.
The bank is known for its conservative yet effective business mergers and acquisitions, and also enjoys the trust of staff and clients alike.
Access to the National Bank of Abu Dhabi
The bank provides some of the best and safest online facilities on the planet. Customers have the option to log into the following online profiles:
- NBAD Online Banking
- NBAD Stars
- NBADS Online
- Ratibi Prepaid Card Balance Enquiry
- iBANKING Corporate Online Banking
Furthermore, all the profiles are on a single login page, which makes it far easier to navigate. The website is simple and easy to use, with the information clear and concise. Customers are also able to apply for their accounts online.
There are over 100 branches located in the UAE alone. These branches operate from Sundays through Thursdays, from 8 AM to 1:30 PM. Some branches, however, operate on extended hours to ensure they’re able to meet their customer’s needs. Customers can open their accounts and perform certain service related requests as well. Furthermore, customers also have the option of making use of the call center to open their accounts or resolve their queries.
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi has an extensive footprint abroad. There are over 60 branches located in 17 countries. These countries include:
- Oman, Kuwait, and Bahrain
- Egypt, Jordan, Sudan, and Lebanon
- India, China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Labuan
- USA and Brazil
- UK, France, and Switzerland
National Bank of Abu Dhabi Personal Banking Product Offerings
Current and Call Accounts
Elite Gold Current Account
This account is suitable for those who require a bit more than just a basic account. Furthermore, this account is the ideal solution for those who earn above a certain threshold. Furthermore, the account requires a minimum balance of a certain amount which needs to increase within three months. This is to ensure that the customer benefits from all the features.
- This account provides customers with the highest level of service.
- Furthermore, customers will have access to Elite Gold Lounges in selected branches.
- Also, an Elite Gold MasterCard World Debit Card is linked to the account.
- The account provides many great rewards and offers to customers.
- Finally, the account offers many free transactions during a statement cycle.
NBAD One Current Account
This is the ideal account for UAE residents. It requires a minimum balance or a minimum monthly salary. The account features a minimum balance waiver and more.
- Customers will enjoy 6 free teller transactions every month.
- There are NBAD Stars on purchases and account balances.
- Furthermore, customers will enjoy 4 free cash withdrawals at any ATM in the UAE.
- Also, customers will enjoy access to airport lounges.
- Finally, customers will enjoy a 12-month warranty on purchases as well as purchase protection.
One Pro Account
This account is for residents if the UAE only, and provides professional yet simple solutions to banking needs. Customers who qualify for this account earn within specified parameters. Furthermore, customers will have access to free lounge access at many airports in the Middle East. Also, customers will enjoy exclusive discounts from retailers in the region.
- The account includes a Visa Signature Credit Card
- Furthermore, customers won’t pay for their first international remittance of the month.
- Also, the account provides customers with the opportunity to earn NBAD Stars with their MasterCard Platinum Debit Card.
- Finally, there are no account-related charges.
Real Madrid Current Account
This is the entry-level account for Real Madrid fans. The account requires a minimal monthly salary transfer amount or a minimum balance which is significantly lower than the Real Madrid Elite Gold Current Account.
- Customers don’t need to maintain a minimum balance.
- There is the opportunity to earn NBAD Stars with every purchase.
- Furthermore, the account provides opportunities to see live matches in Madrid and meet their favorite player.
- Finally, customers will have access to an exclusive co-branded Real Madrid MasterCard Platinum Debit Card. This also gives customers access to a range of benefits. They will also have the ability to make payments and withdraw cash worldwide.
Real Madrid Elite Gold Current Account
This is the ideal account for fans of the Real Madrid soccer team. The account provides great benefits for account holders. Furthermore, there is no minimum balance required.
- Customers will have the opportunity to earn NBAD Stars rewards on their purchases.
- Furthermore, the account provides one free international remittance per month.
- The account requires a minimum opening balance and should reach a higher pre-determined balance by a certain date.
- Also, customers will receive a Real Madrid-branded MasterCard World Elite Debit card. Furthermore, this provides them with a range of privileges.
Personal Current Account
This account is a flexible current account that provides straightforward benefits. Furthermore, the account is linked to a MasterCard Platinum Debit Card that provides great lifestyle benefits. For many, this is the first current account they will hold with the bank.
- Customers who are over the age of 21 may apply for the account. Also, customers can be salaried, self-employed or non-salaried.
- The account is available to both UAE Nationals, GCC Nationals, or resident expats.
- Customers will receive their very first checkbook on the account free of charge. Furthermore, they will enjoy free cash withdrawals at all NBAD ATMs in the UAE.
- Finally, this account includes free lounge access at selected airports.
Personal Ladies Current Account
The ideal account for ladies who want to benefit from further savings. Ladies will enjoy the opportunity to shop safely. Furthermore, the account provides low interest rates and many other benefits.
- This account is available to ladies over the age of 21. Furthermore, salaried and non-salaried customers may apply.
- Customers who are UAE Nationals and resident expats may apply.
- Furthermore, the account features reduced interest rates on credit cards.
- Ladies will enjoy free lounge access at selected airports.
- Finally, there is 50% off annual charges for safe deposit boxes.
Personal Student Current Account
An account that meets the needs of students. Furthermore, students will have the chance to learn how to manage their personal finances with this account.
- Customers don’t need to maintain a minimum balance with this account.
- Furthermore, the account provides Purchase Protection when customers shop.
- Also, customers will have free lounge access when they travel.
- The account is simple to maintain and easy to manage.
- Students between the ages of 21 and 24 may apply.
- The account is open to UAE Nationals and resident expats.
Personal Call Account
A call account that allows customers to focus on their lives rather than worry about their accounts. The sweep facility takes money from other accounts to ensure that they are always in credit.
- The account provides interest on balances. Furthermore, customers will have access to their money when they need it.
- Also, the account is available in AED and major currencies.
- Customers will earn interest on balances above a certain amount.
Another bank with the good current account range is Bank of Ireland. Read here to see what they have to offer.
Savings and Deposit Accounts
Elite Gold Savings Account
Elite Gold customers will reap the rewards with this account. It provides tiered interest rates. Furthermore, the first international remittance is free per month.
- Customers have the opportunity to earn NBAD Stars on purchases made with their debit cards.
- The account includes 4 free international and GCC ATM cash withdrawals per month.
- Furthermore, customers have access to the personal banking experience.
- This account requires certain monthly and average balances.
- Also, the account carries no monthly account charge.
Personal Savings Account
This account is a basic entry-level savings account that provides interest on positive balances. Furthermore, customers will have free lounge access at selected airports.
- The account is linked to a free MasterCard Platinum Debit Card.
- Customers need to maintain a minimal balance in order to earn interest.
Ladies Savings Account (Al Nada)
An opportunity for ladies to meet their financial goals while maintaining financial independence. Furthermore, the account is available in AED and other major currencies.
- Customers will have free lounge access at selected
- Also, the account provides 50% off on the annual safe deposit box charge.
- The account is linked to a MasterCard Platinum Debit Card.
- Finally, the account provides a comprehensive range of features, benefits, and privileges.
Personal Student Savings Account
This account is the ideal savings vehicle for students. Furthermore, it provides competitive interest rates. Also, students are not required to maintain a minimum balance.
- The account provides free lounge access at selected airports.
- Students have access to their money when they need it.
First Step Savings Account
A savings account for children under the age of 14. It provides children with the skills needed to manage their account and learn how to save. Furthermore, the account is opened and operated by a guardian in the child’s name.
- Children will enjoy high interest rates on their savings account.
- Furthermore, they have exclusive airport lounge access.
- Also, the account is linked to a free MasterCard Platinum Debit Card. This is used at the ATM or for purchases.
Smart Deposit Account
This is the ideal investment account for those who don’t require access to their funds for a period of time. Furthermore, customers have the option of investing their funds for 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, or 10 years.
- The account is available in all leading currencies.
- Customers also have the option to have their interest paid monthly, semi-annually, or on maturity.
- Finally, the account requires a minimum deposit.
Fixed Deposit Account
Attractive interest rates and flexible tenures are offered with this account. Furthermore, it is available in all leading currencies.
- Also, customers can choose to top up a fixed deposit based on a standing instruction from another account.
- The tenure available on the account is anywhere between 1 week and 12 months.
- Customers are required to have an NBAD current or savings account.
Al-Futtaim NBAD World Elite Credit Card
This is the ideal card for those who enjoy all the retail pleasures Al-Futtaim has to offer. Furthermore, the card provides a host of other benefits, making it one of the most sought-after credit cards.
- Customers have 24/7 personalized This also includes travel and lifestyle concierge services.
- The card offers a 4% rewards value on all Al-Futtaim purchases. Furthermore, it offers 2% everywhere else.
- The credit carries a low interest rate and is free for life.
- Customers are required to meet the minimum income or portfolio requirements.
Al-Futtaim NBAD Platinum Credit Card
This card is suitable for those who wish to experience great shopping experiences coupled with 0% interest. The 0% interest applies at Al-Futtaim showrooms and stores. Furthermore, customers earn 4% rewards value on Al-Futtaim purchases. They also enjoy 2% on all other purchases.
- The card is free for life and enjoys a fairly low monthly interest rate.
- Customers will enjoy a range of travel and lifestyle benefits. Furthermore, the card carries additional protection features.
- Also, customers will need to meet the minimum earning criteria.
Real Madrid World Elite Credit Card
This card offers VIP football experiences and a whole host of other benefits. Furthermore, customers will have access to Real Madrid-branded merchandise.
- Customers will earn up to 2 NBAD Stars for every AED 1 spent.
- Furthermore, travel benefits include meet & greets, airport transportation, and lounge access.
- Also, customers will receive a complimentary Real Madrid t-shirt.
- Customers need to meet the minimum qualifying criteria.
Real Madrid Platinum Credit Card
An entry-level credit card for those who have a passion for the football. This card allows customers to enjoy exclusive Real Madrid joining gifts.
- Customers will earn up to 1.75 NBAD Stars for every AED spent.
- Furthermore, the card includes travel benefits such as meet & greet, airport transportation, and lounge access.
- Customers will need to satisfy the minimum qualifying criteria.
NBAD Aldar Academies Visa Platinum Credit Card
The ideal card for students as it is designed to facilitate education. Furthermore, this eases the burden off parents slightly, and also allows them to transact easier.
- This card includes the ability to convert school fee transactions to 0% EPP up to 18 months.
- Furthermore, customers benefit from an education fee protection coverage.
- There is also the chance to win back 50% of tuition fees.
- Finally, the card is available to students enrolled in one of the Aldar Schools in the UAE.
NBAD GEMS Titanium Credit Card
Students will benefit from having the UAE’s first dedicated education credit card. Furthermore, they will enjoy up to 7% discount on school fees at GEMS Schools.
- Students will earn up to 1.75 NBAD Stars for every AED 1 spent.
- Furthermore, lifestyle benefits such as movies and Fitness First clubs discounts are also included.
- The card allows families to travel in style. Also, the card includes additional protection features.
MasterCard World Credit Card
This card allows exclusive services, protection, and value-added benefits from around the world. Furthermore, customers will earn up to 2 NBAD Stars for every AED 1 spent.
- The card provides complimentary concierge service, Fitness First, and cinema discounts.
- Travel benefits include meet & greet, airport transportation, and also lounge access.
- Finally, this card is exclusively available to Private Banking Customers.
Visa Infinite Credit Card
This card provides access to a world of travel and lifestyle privileges. Furthermore, it promises to grant access to more of life’s luxuries.
- Customers will earn up to 2 NBAD Stars for every AED 1 spent.
- Also, it includes complimentary concierge service. Furthermore, there are Fitness First and cinema discounts.
- The travel benefits include meet & greet, airport transportation, and lounge access.
- This card requires that clients meet the minimum income or personal portfolio criteria.
One Pro Visa Signature Credit Card
This card is the ideal choice for those who have the One Pro Account. Furthermore, this card grants access to exclusive privileges including yacht charters and travel reservations.
- Customers will earn up to 1.75 NBAD Stars for every AED 1 spent.
- The card also includes a 24/7 concierge service. Furthermore, customers will enjoy Fitness First clubs and cinema discounts.
- Travel benefits include meet & greet, airport transportation, and lounge access.
- Customers will have VIP access and more.
- Finally, this card is part of a bundled product only.
Platinum Credit Card
A credit card that provides all the perks and advantages customers need for their everyday purchases.
- Customers will earn up to 1.75 NBAD Stars for every AED 1 spent.
- Some of the lifestyle benefits include discounts on movies. Furthermore, customers will have access to fitness clubs.
- The card also includes travel benefits such as meet & greet, airport transportation, and lounge access.
- Finally, this is the ideal entry level card.
Gold Credit Card
The ideal credit card for those still working their way up the corporate ladder. Furthermore, this card provides some great benefits and perks.
- Customers won’t pay any annual fees for life.
- Furthermore, the card allows customers to earn up to 1.25 NBAD Stars for every AED 1 spent.
- Finally, customers enjoy free purchase protection up to a certain amount.
Classic Credit Card
A good choice for those applying for their first credit card. Furthermore, customers don’t have to worry about annual fees for life.
- Customers will enjoy free purchase protection up to a certain amount.
- Also, customers will earn up to 1.25 NBAD Stars for every AED 1 spent.
Spirit of the Union platinum Credit Card
A card that celebrates the spirit and the culture of the UAE. Furthermore, the card is designed for those who work and live in the UAE. Also, it provides exclusive offers and benefits to customers.
- Customers will have access to lifestyle benefits. Furthermore, these include discounts on movies and access to fitness clubs.
- The opportunity to earn up to 1.75 NBAD Stars for every AED 1 spent.
- Furthermore, customers will enjoy travel benefits such as meet & greet, airport transfers, and lounge access.
Personal Loan for UAE Nationals
This is a flexible loan that will provide customers with the means to meet their personal financial goals. Furthermore, customers will enjoy flexible repayment terms of up to 48 months. They will also enjoy competitive interest rates. Finally, these loan amounts are fairly high.
Personal Loans for Expats
This loan is the ideal option for expatriates who wish to start a new life in the UAE. These loans offer competitive interest rates and flexible repayment terms. Furthermore, customers will have access to high loan amounts.
This loan is suitable for those who are just starting out or just moved to the UAE. Furthermore, this is the ideal loan for those who need furniture, start a job or new business. Furthermore, it should cover a few months of living expenses. Also, these loans provide flexible repayments and a competitive interest rate.
Customers who have loans with other institutions can move these loans to improve their cash flow. Furthermore, this type of loan could allow customers to access additional funds. Also, customers could reduce their monthly payments by taking this loan.
Debt Consolidation Loans
Customers who take out this loan can consolidate all their smaller loans. Also, this allows them to transact with ease and possibly even reduce their monthly installments. Furthermore, customers will enjoy competitive interest rates.
This loan allows customers to apply for a loan and use their fixed deposit investment as security. Furthermore, they will enjoy generous loan amounts of up to 95% of the investment amount. Also, the investment will provide flexible repayment terms and low, variable interest rates.
This loan provides customers with finance against their rental income. Customers will enjoy a variable interest rate. Furthermore, customers will enjoy generous loan amounts. Also, customers will enjoy flexible repayment terms.
This loan is a facility that provides a flexible and revolving credit for those unforeseen emergencies. Customers will enjoy attractive limits and interest is charged on utilization only. Furthermore, facilities are renewed annually.
This loan gives customers the opportunity to move their loan to National Bank of Abu Dhabi. Customers may have lower interest rates or even release extra funds. Furthermore, the LTV is up to 80% for UAE nationals and up to 75% for expats. Also, customers may have repayment terms of up to 25 years. Customers will also enjoy high loan amounts. Finally, during the first year customers will enjoy a low fixed rate, after which it will revert back to a variable.
Mortgage Loans from a Developer
This type of finance grants customers access to properties through a listed developer. Furthermore, the advantage of buying from a developer is that the home and all the fittings and features are brand new. Furthermore, customers will enjoy an LTV of up to 80% for Uae nationals and up to 75% for expats. Also, the loan amounts are fairly high and customers will enjoy flexible payment terms of up to 25 years. Finally, the interest rate starts off as a fixed rate in the first year, after which it reverts back to a variable loan.
Mortgage Loans for Completed Homes
This type of loan provides access to the finance needed to purchase a property from a seller. The LTV on the loan is 80% for UAE nationals and 75% for expats. Furthermore, customers will enjoy convenient modes of payment and high loan values. Also, the loan provides a low, fixed interest rate for the first year. After this, the loan will revert to a variable interest rate. Finally, customers can expect flexible repayment terms of up to 25 years.
Mortgage Loans for UAE Nationals
This type of finance is only for UAE nationals and provides an LTV of up to 80%. Customers will enjoy high loan values and a convenient interest-only repayment option. Furthermore, the loan provides flexible repayment terms of up to 25 years. Also, customers will enjoy attractive interest rates.
Granted Land Loans
This loan type is suitable for UAE Nationals with a land grant from the Government. It provides them with the means to borrow up to 80% LTV or a specified maximum amount. Furthermore, the repayment terms are up to 25 years. Finally, customers will pay a variable interest rate.
Refinance Mortgage Loan
This loan allows customers to access the equity on their bonds. The LTV is up to 80% for UAE nationals and up to 75% for expatriates. Furthermore, customers will enjoy flexible repayment terms and high loan amounts. Also, the interest rate is low and fixed for the first year, after which it reverts to a variable loan.
Auto Loans with Salary Transfer
Customers can access finance for up to 80% LTV, or an amount up to a certain limit. Furthermore, customers will enjoy competitive interest rates. Also, these loans are available to UAE nationals and expats.
Car Loans for Self Employed Individuals
This is the ideal loan for those who are self-employed. There is a maximum loan amount in this category. Furthermore, customers will benefit from competitive interest rates. Also, the LTV is up to 80%. Finally, this loan is available to UAE nationals and expats.
International Protector Middle-East
An insurance plan that provides worldwide coverage. Furthermore, it offers stand alone critical illness cover. Also, customers will enjoy high life cover and the cover is up to the age of 80.
Secure Life Insurance
Life cover that works in association with ADNIC.
A comprehensive car insurance designed with the customer in mind.
Travel Smart Insurance
This type of insurance is ideal for those who like to travel. Furthermore, the cover includes medical emergencies, trip cancellation fees and more.
Travel Family Insurance
This covers the entire family during a trip. Also, medical emergencies, trip cancellation fees, and more are covered.
Travel Schengen Insurance
Customers who wish to travel to a Schengen country will have access to the required covered.
This type of insurance provides cover for properties in case of emergencies.
Home Contents Insurance
Cover that protects the home and all the things of value in it.
National Bank of Abu Dhabi SME Banking Product Offering
Business Merchant Account
With this account, customers enjoy a competitive fee structure. Furthermore, the account requires a fairly low minimum balance. Also, it provides local currency accounts for SMEs which make use of NBAD POS machines.
Business Advantage Account
This type of account is suitable for businesses who don’t necessarily need to make use of a point of sale device. Furthermore, the account provides a highly competitive fee structure. Also, it allows multi-currency options for SMEs, Mid-Market, and Multinational companies.
Business Preferred Account
The account is the ideal solution for SMEs, Mid-Market, and Multinational companies. Furthermore, this account provides highly competitive fee structures and products and services at preferential rates. Finally, the account requires a slightly higher minimum balance.
Customers will have access to competitive local and foreign currency call accounts. Furthermore, customers will enjoy competitive interest rates. Also, these accounts are available to UAE residents and non-residents. These accounts require a minimum balance to be maintained.
This type of account provides customers with the ability to earn interest. Furthermore, customers decide whether they wish to invest anywhere between 1 week and 10 years. The account requires a minimum balance to be maintained.
Asset Backed Finance
This type of finance is ideal for commercial purchases such as commercial vehicles, construction, medical equipment, machinery, and more.
- Customers will have access to high loans.
- Furthermore, the terms are flexible.
- The loan also provides competitive interest rates.
Commercial Real Estate
This loan allows businesses to finance the purchase of their own premises. Furthermore, these properties can be completed or under construction.
- Customers will benefit from high loan amounts and flexible terms.
- Furthermore, the loan carries competitive interest rates.
- Finally, these loans are available to UAE nationals.
This type of facility works on a revolving basis. It provides funds for working capital and the interest is calculated on the amount used. Customers will enjoy high facility amounts and competitive interest rates.
Customers will use this type of finance for medium to long-term projects. The loan amounts are high and the tenors are up to 48 months. Furthermore, customers will benefit from competitive interest rates.
Business Visa Credit Card
This credit card is designed to help businesses with their cash flow. Businesses will enjoy travel benefits and increase their spending power. Furthermore, there are no annual fees and customers will benefit from competitive interest rates. The credit limits are also high.
National Bank of Abu Dhabi Mid-Market Companies Product Offerings
Many of the products in this category are available to SMEs. Some additional products exclusive to this segment include:
Risk Management and Hedging Solutions
This category provides customers with access to global liquidity. Furthermore, this enables customers to benefit from the regional and international markets. The risk management products cover a wide range of commodities.
Cash Management and Investment Services
Customers have access to a fixed income trading platform. Furthermore, this platform offers primary and secondary market pricing. Also, these take place on local and regional credits to ensure customer’s investment needs are met.
Global Markets E-Commerce
This is a single entry-point for those who wish to trade online.
This provides customers with access to the liquidity of the West-East Corridor markets.
Global Transaction Banking
The ideal opportunity for customers to benefit from local and international business opportunities. This is largely thanks to the position in the center of the West-East corridor.
This product allows customers to track their cash flows easily and effectively. Customers can take advantage of the following tools:
- Account Services
- Payment Services
- Collections and Receivables
- Liquidity Management
- Merchant Payment Solutions
This product allows customers to benefit from trade relationships formed with clients in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, America, and Asia Pacific. These solutions will allow customers to achieve the following:
- Increase the visibility of their trade flows
- Improve working capital to meet financing requirements
- Control risk. Furthermore, customers will increase the operational efficiency in their supply chain
- Also, customers can manage their cash flows and foreign exchange needs. These are associated with their trade transactions.
Traditional Trade Solutions
This allows the purchase and sale of goods on an international scale. Furthermore, customers will have access to experts who will guide them through solutions in order to support business growth.
Structured Trade Solutions
This division takes care of the customer’s funding requirements. Also, customers will have access to expertly designed tools and techniques of structured trade finance. Furthermore, customers will have access to short-term working capital or long-term funding.
Customers have access to systems that seamlessly and effortlessly deliver transactions and communications between customer and bank. Furthermore, the framework is secure, allowing customers peace of mind regarding the reliability and security of the programs.
This is the business internet banking program specifically designed with businesses in mind. Furthermore, customers will have access to the system round the clock.
This is a highly-secured web host-to-host system. Furthermore, it allows customers to perform the following functions:
- Automated File Upload
This is a standardized communication platform that allows various transactions to take place. Also, these transactions are highly secured and work as a single platform.
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi provides a simplified clearing process. Furthermore, this process carries a highly-satisfactory STP rate.
Bank-to-Bank Payment Services
This service allows payments to be processed immediately. Furthermore, this means that it is cleared for good value with a fast turnaround time. Also, there is no human intervention which allows book transfers to take place without delay. Finally, if the beneficiary happens to maintain an account with another bank, the payment is still processed via industry controlled RTGS.
Commercial Payment Services
Customers who send their instructions before the cut-off times will enjoy same-day servicing. Furthermore, this is largely due to the consolidation of payment flows. Also, NBAD accepts commercial payments in all major currencies relevant to beneficiary accounts in the region.
Reporting services take place through various platforms. Furthermore, it provides real-time balance and statement information. Also, this includes intra-day liquidity reporting and other account details.
National Bank of Abu Dhabi Multinational Corporations (MNCs) Product Offerings
This is the ideal service offering to businesses that have branched out into other countries. Furthermore, this section caters specifically to branches, subsidiaries, JVs, and representative offices. These includes companies in the UAE and other NBAD countries. Apart from the products offered to Mid-Market Companies, the bank also offers the following to MNCs:
Debt Origination and Distribution
This service is provided across bonds, loans, and Sukuk.
Global Project and Structured Finance
Bespoke financial solutions to meet the various needs of unique customers.
National Bank of Abu Dhabi Corporate, Institutes, and Governments Product Offerings
Apart from the services offered to SMEs and MNCs, NBAD also offers services that provide unique solutions to larger institutions. These services include:
Advisory and Capital Raising Services
Customers will have access to industry professionals and experts to provide them with advice across a variety of different services. These include:
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Project Finance Advisory
Securities and Corporate Services
IPO Administration and Issuer Services
This is a full-service offering that provides a host of features. These include:
- Initial Public Offering (IPO)
- Rights Issue
- Capital Call
- Mandatory Convertible Bonds
Share Registrar Services
This is an exclusive service provided to Public Joint Stock Companies and Private Joint Stock companies. Furthermore, these are for whom NBAD maintains the Share Book in UAE. Also, customers can expect the following services:
- Dividend Distribution
- Organising General Assembly Meetings
- Managing the Company’s Share Register
- Issuing Bond Shares
- Dedicated Call Center
Also, the services are offered through NBAD network of branches across UAE.
Fund Registrar Services
This service is specifically for fund managers based in the UAE. This allows fund managers to effectively manage their services such as subscriptions, redemptions, maintenance of registrar and more. Customers can expect access to:
- Fund Collection and Distribution
- Unit Issuance
- Unit Registration and Redemption
- Corporate Actions, and more.
Investments that are slightly more complex make up the portfolios of corporates and large institutions. Some of the portfolios open to these investors include:
- Segregated Mandates
- Securities Brokerage
- Custodian Services
Review of National Bank of Abu Dhabi
Customer Satisfaction Reviews
This review of National Bank of Abu Dhabi is a staff member’s perspective of the bank. The bank scores 4 of 5, which is quite high.
Another review by staff members, although, this one is slightly lower. The bank scores a 3.5 of 5 with the biggest detractor the willingness to recommend the bank to a friend. Work-life balance plays an important role here. Furthermore, an interesting observation is that the entire staff approves of the CEO.
This publication provides banks with the opportunity to respond to service-related issues. Also, National Bank of Abu Dhabi ranks 5th on their honor list.
Financial Stability Rating
The bank enjoys some of the highest ratings by Moody’s, S&P, and Fitch. Furthermore, the bank is among the 50 safest banks in the world.
Review by Critical Reviews – 10 of 10
This bank personifies the services and products customers need to do life and do it well. Furthermore, the bank provides a series of services that allow individuals and businesses to grow while reaching their personal financial goals.
Also, the bank is serious about service delivery and aim to strengthen their weaknesses. Their systems are safe to use and easy to navigate. There is very little red tape to work through, thanks to streamlined processes. Niche-specific products ensure that all customers benefit from world-class service delivery.
There are no detractors for this bank. They also aim to keep their staff happy and have a strong leadership to take the bank forward. As one of the 50 safest banks in the world, customers and staff have peace of mind.