Peace of mind is one of the major reasons consumers take out insurance. But it is not the only reason consumers are signing up for it. Another trend that seems to surface nowadays is the accessibility to special perks, especially those who tend have other products with a particular institution. But insurance still remains one of those products that consumers apply for grudgingly. This is because there is very little value in insurance unless there is a disaster. The Santander UK Insurance range covers a variety of different needs. This review determines whether this is enough to keep customers satisfied.
Insurance is a tough industry to crack, but National Bank of Abu Dhabi seems to take it in its stride.
About Santander UK
Santander UK is surprisingly not a product of the British financial machine but rather finds its roots on distant shores. Santander, Spain is home to this banking giant and still houses the head office today. A long history that spans over a century and a half provides the bank with the leverage it needs to continue their strong pattern of growth. The first location on British shores for Banco Santander was London. Establishment took place in the mid-1900’s which makes it a fairly new arrival. With a strong customer base and great balance sheet, it’s a wonder the bank is still so fresh to English soil.
How to Ensure You Cover Works for You
Insurance is the one thing consumers don’t want but also happens to be the one thing they can’t do without in an emergency. But not all insurance situations work out well. Policyholders need to do some work to ensure their cover is in place and remains in place.
Choose a Reputable Company
There are many insurance companies that pop up everywhere and even more brokerage firms to represent them. It’s important to go with someone who has a good reputation in the market. One of the fastest ways to check this is to find out where they rank in terms of payouts. Another quick way to check is to see how they manage their claims and complaints.
Declare All Relevant Information
The worst thing for a customer to go through is having their claim repudiated in a time of crisis. If the reason is not due to unlawful actions, it is usually due to lack of proper disclosure. This is viewed in a serious light and a customer’s premium is calculated on their risk profile. The lack of disclosure will only leave the claimant out of pocket in the long term.
Choose the Best Cover You Can Afford
There is no point going for third-party insurance only if you can’t afford to pay a lump sum when something goes wrong. Similarly, opting for all the bells and whistles and creating a budget deficit is also not the way to go.
Keep the Policy Up To Date
Significant changes need to be noted in the policy in order to be included in the cover, such as purchasing new musical instruments, another car, and more. It is also important to remember taking off items that are given away or sold.
Santander UK Insurance Product Offerings
Santander Home Insurance
There are two options available to clients that will provide them with the peace of mind they need. Furthermore, customers can add some extras to their policies such as personal belongings cover, accidental death, legal services, and home emergency cover.
This cover is suitable for those who prefer a fuss-free approach to insurance.
- Customers enjoy building sum insured levels of up to £500,000 and content up to £50,000.
- The cover includes alternative accommodation insurance of up to £25,000.
- Furthermore, customers have the option of adding accidental damage to their policies.
- A handy feature of the policy is tracing and accessing of leaks to the value of £2,500.
- Customers will also have their stolen keys replaced to a value of £250.
- The policy includes access to a 24/7 UK-based claims line and named personal claims handler.
- Finally, customers have a choice of buildings and contents excess that ranges from £200 to £500.
This is cover for customers who don’t want to risk exposure in any way.
- Customers have access to unlimited building and content insurance.
- Furthermore, they also have unlimited alternative accommodation and key replacement cover.
- The policy includes the option to take on accidental damage cover.
- A neat feature of the policy as the tracing and accessing of leaks cover for up to £5,000.
- The policy provides customers with access to a 24/7 UK-based claims line and a named personal claims handler.
- Customers can rest assured that goods that are lost, stolen, or damaged beyond repair are replaced with new ones.
- Customers also have a choice of buildings and contents excess that ranges between £100 and £500.
- Finally, customers enjoy the benefit of a minimum excess for the escape of water of only £100.
Customers benefit from different cover options that are suitable in certain situations. The life insurance offers the beneficiaries a lump sum in the event of the death of the policyholder. The life cover also pays out of the policyholder has been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
There is also critical illness cover that pays out when customers are diagnosed with a specific illness. Not all illnesses are covered and customers are required to meet certain policy definitions to receive the funds. Both these types of cover are ideal for those who:
- Wish to cover their mortgages
- Protect their family and lifestyle
Over 50’s Life Assurance
This is the ideal cover for those who find themselves between the ages of 50 and 80. Furthermore, the cover provides family or loved ones with a lump sum.
- Customers enjoy the benefit of a guaranteed life cover.
- Also, this policy is exclusive to UK residents.
- The premiums are calculated according to the cover levels.
- Age is also a deciding factor in the premiums.
- Finally, the policy doesn’t require applicants to go for a medical or answer a lifestyle questionnaire.
The ideal insurance to have to give peace of mind where the car is concerned. Furthermore, customers can choose between comprehensive, third party fire and theft, and third party only. The fully comprehensive cover includes:
- Cover should the car get stolen, damaged by fire, or have accidental damage.
- Customers also benefit from windscreen replacement and a 24/7 helpline.
- The cover includes cover of up to £500 for stolen keys.
- Furthermore, customers will have access to a courtesy car. This is subject to the conditions per the contract.
- The cover also extends to the EU for a period of 60 days.
- Customers have their personal belongings covered up to £100.
- Finally, there is peace of mind with the repair work as it is covered by a 3-year guarantee. This is on all approved claims repairs.
Those who like to wet their toes in foreign waters will enjoy the trip even more, knowing that their cover is in place. The travel insurance leg of the bank is taken care of by Chubb European Group Limited.
- There is no upper age limit on any of the policies.
- Customers can choose between an annual multi-trip or a single trip policy.
- Furthermore, customers enjoy European or worldwide cover (excluding Cuba).
- There are family, couple, or individual policies to choose from.
- Finally, customers benefit from a range of optional cover extensions at an additional cost.
Customers also have access to a review done on Santander UK's current account product offerings.
What We Like About Santander UK Insurance
This is a healthy mix of insurance products that offer more than just a quick overview of products. These go across the various needs and customers need not look further for additional cover.
We are also quite impressed with the attention to detail the bank puts into their descriptions and product information. This allows customers to have a proper overview of what they’re getting themselves into. Customers who work through the information will have very little doubt in terms of their products.
Finally, customers have the option of different levels of insurance that will cover their needs and suit their pockets.
What We Don’t Like About Santander UK Insurance
With a great range such as this one, there is very little to fault. Although there are a few institutions that offer a few extra products such as mobile phone cover, this range is quite satisfactory.
A Santander UK product that didn't quite meet the mark for us, was the credit card range. Discover why with this latest review.
Critical Reviews Rating Santander UK Insurance – 10 of 10
This may come as no surprise to those who have worked their way through the extensive products on offer at the bank. We are pleased to grant the bank a perfect rating for this, as there is simply nothing lacking here. Upfront information and a good product mix make this a great option for anyone seeking insurance.
Furthermore, customers won’t have to run to other institutions in order to satisfy their insurance needs. These products are more than sufficient to cover a number of requirements.
Finally, customers will have no need to scramble around for information as everything is at their fingertips. The website layout makes product navigation simple, which is a great plus.
Insurance reviews are some of our favorite to do. Check out the financial planning review we did for Deutsche Bank.